Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week 1


  1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? (Access to a computer, cell phone, transportation? Family that can help or hassle? Friends that can help or hassle? Scheduling factors that can help or hassle?) 
No I don't believe I will be inhibited in any ways. School wise this will be a busy year, but there is always time to find in order to get things done. As far as technology, I am set, with the exception of a smart phone. However several friends have them and I don't believe the fact I do not have one will hassle me.

2. Think of an awesome (or the best ever) learning experience (or an experience where you changed) What was it you learned? [call it X] Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or ?) How did you know what was happening?

My best learning experience was at the family literacy program at the library. It wasn't so much the teachings themselves, but it helped teach me I was more capable than what I thought I was. Dropped in with a family with a clear language barrier, the experience of getting to know the family and the kids was deeply enriching in the end. My nerves shook me during my first few times, but it was simple smiles I would see in both their faces and their eyes that helped me look forward to it day after day. Ryan Nguyen shared this experience with me and I'm sure he would say the same. 

3. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?

I am most excited about the blog and the opportunities that an individual are able to create through the blog. In creating groups of peers to help pursue whatever you have true passion in life for is a great opportunity. I am looking forward to the more philosophical ways of thinking and managing of the class. If it helps me get more excited for each day, and live with just a little more passion it will be a very successful course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment