Thursday, August 16, 2012

Additional thoughts: Austen/Montaigne Essay

If I was to add to my essay I would have created one more comparative paragraph to further add to my theme of Montaigne's writing of interpersonal ideas, while Austen writing of complex human relations in the society in order to their points of view across. I would have gone farther into depth of this difference in the last paragraph. Montaigne using himself to symbolize society as a whole leads to one accurate form of representation and interpretation of life very directly. He is able to avoid excess information in his messages. His self reflection of guilt in particular shows how an egregious act on the surface can be compensated in other forms in order to have a clear conscious. So to take a fault on base level would be wrong. On the other hand Austen uses her characters as tools. While it does create additional information, it creates relations lacking in Montaigne's writing. In this she is able to create such examples as Elizabeth's situation, where the author weaves a story through her love interests and how to not take these things at face value as well. Lastly I would conclude the essay with one last paragraph tying the overall theme of this together.

No specific thoughts came to me after the initial essay writing was complete, other than that it could have been more structured than it was, and that I should have been able to finish the essay.

The break was very disruptive in the thought process of the essay. We left right as I was getting to my thesis, and in the break I had lost the footing in the creation of my thesis. Therefore the thesis took much longer than intended to create, and therefore I was not able to create the length in the essay that would have been optimal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment